Further to the invitation to the congregational meeting for this Sunday (June 28, 2020) at 12 noon, which was sent out last week, we would like to provide the following update:
- Please remain in your vehicle unless directed otherwise.
- Car windows may be left open BUT please ensure that you follow the directions of our parking crew to ensure we maintain social distancing.
- Please bring a mask to wear.
- Please bring along the attached agenda as well as a blank piece of white letter size paper.
- Please bring along your cell phone/s for questions during the discussion portion, and/or e-mail any questions in advance to Mary Gilbert at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may wish to bring along a lawn chair in case we have to alter some of our planning at the last minute.
- Washrooms are only open for emergencies as they will need to be sanitized between visits.
We look forward to welcoming you on Sunday for this significant next step in our life as a community of faith.
Original Notice (June 17, 2020)
To Kilbride United Church members and adherents:
We prayerfully request your attendance at a Joint Congregational Meeting on Sunday, June 28 at 12:00 noon in the Carlisle United Church Parking Lot. The purpose of the meeting is to receive and vote on a recommendation from the joint search committee.
Out of a continued abundance of caution, and in consideration for everyone’s well-being, this will be a “drive-in” meeting under the Province of Ontario’s regulations which request the following:
- As you enter the parking lot, please follow the parking attendants’ directions on where to park
- Please keep all windows and doors closed for the duration of the meeting (no exiting cars, no socializing, no ‘passing of notes’ etc.)
- Please exit the parking lot as instructed by the parking attendants when the meeting is over
The meeting will be broadcast over your car radio at a frequency specified when you arrive.
In addition, we would like each attendee to please:
- Bring a blank piece of white letter-sized paper, or larger to indicate your vote. These will be held up to the front windshield at the time of voting.
- Bring your cell phone(s) in order to ask questions. The following numbers will be used to pose/answer questions, hear discussion points as a group:
We regret that we cannot accept sealed ballot voting for this meeting due to the current restrictions.
Please mark this important meeting on your calendars. We look forward to welcoming you in this format during these times as we move forward as a joint pastoral charge.
Please respond to email@example.com if you plan to attend the meeting.
Maureen Trenkler on behalf of the Kilbride United Church Search Committee