The Logistics Committee (responsible for COVID-19 Safety) and the joint Carlisle/Kilbride Board have approved the following policies for the re-opening of our buildings for worship.
The rules are in keeping with local and Ontario Health guidance.
- Attendees will need to be fully vaccinated or have proof of a negative PCR test within the last 48 hours. Please bring your proof of vaccination or PCR test with you. Once you have shown your vaccination status you will not need to show it again. We had much debate around this requirement, please understand that we feel this is the right decision.
- There is space for 15-20 physically distanced people in our Kilbride United sanctuary. People in the same household may sit together. We will not be pre-registering attendance at this time. Admittance will be on a first come, first admitted basis. We have placed “please sit here” signs on the pews. Carlisle United will have pre-registering at this time.
- Masks are required at all times anywhere in the church.
- Enter the church by the front door, sanitize your hands and find yourself a seat. Ushers (Lois and Maureen) will be available to assist. Please allow physical distancing during this process. If you are unable to navigate the front step please feel free to enter the building via the backdoor wheelchair ramp.
- Heather Olaveson will play the hymns; the congregation will not sing.
- There will not be a time for offering but if you wish, place your donation in the offering plate on your way in or out of the sanctuary.
- Once the service is over, leave the sanctuary from the last rows to the first rows.
- Once we are in the parking lot, we will be able to enjoy fellowship at a distance.
Previous Posts and Updates related to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- February 2021 COVID-19 Update: Kilbride United Church Services Paused (February 27, 2021)
- COVID-19 Update: Kilbride United Church Services Paused (June 20, 2020)
- COVID-19 Advisory Update (April 25, 2020)
- COVID-19 Advisory & Cancellations (March 13, 2020)