The order of service for Sunday September 19, 2021 is available for download. Below are the links to the online resources.
If you are able, please join us at Kilbride United Church at 9:30 a.m. for our first sanctuary service since March 2020. Bulletins have been printed for you. The Logistics Committee (responsible for COVID Safety) and the joint Carlisle/Kilbride Board have approved the following policies for the re-opening of our buildings for worship. The rules are in keeping with local and Ontario Health guidance.
- Attendees will need to be fully vaccinated or have proof of a negative PCR test within the last 48 hours. Please bring your proof of vaccination or PCR test with you. Once you have shown your vaccination status you will not need to show it again. We had much debate around this requirement, please understand that we feel this is the right decision.
- There is space for 15-20 physically distanced people in our Kilbride United sanctuary. People in the same household may sit together. We will not be pre-registering attendance at this time. Admittance will be on a first come – first admit basis. – 😊 We have placed “please sit here” signs on the pews. Carlisle United will have pre-registering at this time.
- Masks are required at all times anywhere in the church.
- Enter the church by the front door, sanitize your hands and find yourself a seat. Ushers (Lois and me) will be available to assist. Please allow physical distancing during this process. If you are unable to navigate the front step please feel free to enter the building via the backdoor wheelchair ramp.
- Heather Olaveson will play the hymns; the congregation will not sing.
- There will not be a time for offering but if you wish, place your donation in the offering plate on your way in or out of the sanctuary.
- Once the service is over, leave the sanctuary from the last rows to the first rows.
- Once we are in the parking lot, we will be able to enjoy fellowship at a distance.
- Last Sunday September 12, Tim Serneels came home from the hospital after 9 days of a multitude of tests to find out why he had a continuous low grade fever. Nothing showed in the test results so they finally decided it might be the Hickman (tube into the chest to deliver meds and get blood samples) that might be causing the fever. They removed it and the next day Tim’s temperature dropped and remained in the normal range. Please continue to keep Debbie, Tim and family in your prayers.
- Our beloved Rev. Dora Sadler’s visitation and funeral will be held on Tuesday September 21, 2021 at Carlisle United Church. Unfortunately the capacity for attendance has been reached. At this time we don’t have any information regarding a service broadcast. If it becomes available we will provide you with the link information.
Service Videos & Links
- Opening Hymn ~ Give Thanks for Life (Jospeh Petitt)
- Hymn ~ There’s a Wideness in God’s Mercy (Hymn Channel)
- Hymn ~ When We Are Living (Plymouth First United Methodist Church)
- Hymn ~ We are Pilgrims on a Journey (Peninsula United Church)
- Online Postlude ~ Glorious (One Voice Children’s Choir)