The order of service documents for Sunday September 26, 2021 (service at Kilbride United at 9:30 a.m.) are available for download:
The service theme is “Orange Shirt Day”. We are eager to hear the young at heart reflection “Orange Shirt Day-why do we mark this day?” and the reflection “Stumbling Blocks or How Do We Get It So Wrong?”
Thank you to everyone who brought and showed their vaccination status at last week’s first sanctuary worship since March 2020. Lois recorded the vaccination status of those that attended last week’s service so you will not need to show it again. Please bring your vaccination certificate with you the first time you worship in the sanctuary. It was wonderful to gather together in the sanctuary last Sunday. Thank you to Heather Olaveson who has agreed to play the piano for us. It was wonderful to hear the hymns in the acoustically friendly sanctuary. Heather beamed to be able to play on a full keyboard.
- On September 30, join Indigenous Ministries and Justice Executive Minister Murray Pruden for a candlelight vigil at 7:00 p.m. Eastern on the Indigenous Ministries Facebook page. Further Resources can be found at the following link: Affirming Other Spiritual Paths (united-church.ca)
- October 2 Paper Shredding Fundraiser – from 10 to 1 in the Carlisle United Church parking lot. On-site shredding for any kind of personal or confidential documents: old tax and bank statements, legal files, credit card statements, invoices, investment records, etc. A donation of $5 for a grocery bag or $10 for a banker’s box is suggested. Donations above this amount would be gratefully received for this fundraiser. Please ask your friends and neighbours to support this fund-raiser.
- Thank you to all the people (especially Rev. Allison) who arranged the beautiful service for our dear Rev. Dora Sadler.
Service Videos & Links
Sunday September 26, 2021 ~ In-Sanctuary Service at 9:30 am ~
Orange Shirt Day
(prepared by Rev. Allison Playfair, music selected by Heather Olaveson)
- Opening Hymn ~ We Are One in the Spirit (Jars of Clay)
- Hymn ~ This Path We Walk (to the tune ‘O Waly, Waly’)
- Hymn ~ We Cannot Measure How You Heal (amateurchoral) or We Cannot Measure How You Heal (Ray Edwards)
- Hymn ~ One More Step Along the World (Billy Doze)
- Online Postlude ~ Orange Shirt Day (MacKenzie Bourg)