The worship resources for Sunday October 31, 2021 are available to download. The online links are below.
We have been looking forward to this Sunday’s All Hallows Eve/All Saints Service. Heather has included Taizé Music in the service. Maureen has been a big fan of the Taizé style of worship for many years. The music emphasizes simple phrases, usually lines from Psalms or other pieces of Scripture, repeated and sometimes also sung in canons or rounds. The hymn included in the service “Jesus Remember Me” is one of her favourites and has brought her comfort many times. We are now allowed to hum or sing quietly behind our masks in the service.
- Debbie Serneels passes on the following update regarding Tim’s medical journey: Since the last update things have remained status quo. Tim is doing amazing and feels 100% other than the pain he has in his arms, right at the elbows. Debbie says this doesn’t slow him down as he spends his days in the garage and playing with his camera. He is still on 15-16 meds per day and will be for a bit more. Tim is hitting the +100 day mark on Nov 7. This is a significant number as that is when they determine that “MOST” difficulties would have arisen. He has had another chimerism test and it has remained 100% Jeff’s cells. Debbie would like to express her gratitude for all that they were blessed with during the past year. Without the support of everyone, it would have been much more difficult.
- Zoom “Coffee Hour” after church starting November 7, 2021 1:00 p.m. We recognize some people are not comfortable coming in our church buildings for worship or church activities. To provide an opportunity for fellowship the joint Carlisle/Kilbride “Coffee Hour” Zoom call on Sundays at 1:00 pm will begin Sunday November 7, 2021. Zoom link details to follow.
Service Videos & Links
- Opening Hymn ~ Where Two or Three are Gathered (Bruce and Cheryl Harding)
- Hymn ~ Come and Fill Our Hearts (Naomh Pádraig Folk Choir)
- Hymn ~ Take, O Take Me as I Am (Cathy AJ Harding)
- Hymn ~ Jesus Remember Me (Simply Taizé)
- Hymn ~ Bless the Lord, My Soul (Oasis Chorale)
- Online Postlude ~ Sing You Home (Holy Heart Chamber Choir)