The worship resources for Sunday January 30, 2022 are available to download. The online links are below. Order of Service prepared by Rev. Allison Playfair, music selected by Heather Olaveson.
Maureen will ring the bells at 9:30 a.m. at Kilbride Church. Bundle up and join her in the parking lot!
Music & Links
- Opening Hymn ~ It’s a Song of Praise to the Maker (Andrea LeBlanc)
- Sung Response ~ Santo, Santo, Santo (St. Paul Presbyterian Church)
- Hymn ~ As a Fire is Meant for Burning (Knox United Church Calgary)
- Hymn ~ Deep In Our Hearts (Georgian Shores United Church)
- Hymn ~ Make Me a Channel of Your Peace (Luke Spehar)
- Online Postlude ~ In Christ Alone (Jason Kennedy and Bryan Pezzone)
News & Announcements
Maureen recently read the book 21 Things You May Not Know About The Indian Act by Bob Joseph. It is a fascinating read. This Sunday January 30th from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m., Horseshoe Falls Region will be leading a discussion on the book via Zoom. Even if you have not read the book you will find the discussion worth attending. If you are interested in attending the discussion you can register at Winter Series on Indigenous Justice. Here is a quote from the author Bob Joseph, “In this time of reconciliation, a book like this becomes a much-needed guide to understanding the past and what we need to do to create a better future.” Joseph’s plan is simple: He wants people to have a deeper knowledge of Indigenous history and the punitive policies of the federal government, policies the government didn’t want the country to know about.