After moving to online services on December 24th and continuing to monitor the Omicron variant, the Logistics Committee (responsible for COVID-19 Safety) and the joint Carlisle/Kilbride Board have approved the re-opening of our buildings for worship.
The following guidelines will be in place.
- Attendees will need to be double vaccinated. Please bring your proof of vaccination. Once you have shown your vaccination status you will not need to show it again.
- There is space for 15-20 physically distanced people in our Kilbride United sanctuary. People in the same household may sit together. We will not be pre-registering attendance at this time. Admittance will be on a first come, first admitted basis. We have placed “please sit here” signs on the pews.
- Masks are required at all times anywhere in the church.
- Enter the church by the front door, sanitize your hands and find yourself a seat. Ushers (Lois and Maureen) will be available to assist. Please allow physical distancing during this process. If you are unable to navigate the front step please feel free to enter the building via the backdoor wheelchair ramp.
- Heather Olaveson will play the hymns; the congregation will sing or hum quietly.
- There will not be a time for offering but if you wish, place your donation in the offering plate on your way in or out of the sanctuary.
- Once the service is over, leave the sanctuary from the last rows to the first rows.
- Once we are in the parking lot, we will be able to enjoy fellowship at a distance.
Previous Posts and Updates related to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- September 2021 COVID-19 Update: Re-opening for Worship (September 18, 2021)
- February 2021 COVID-19 Update: Kilbride United Church Services Paused (February 27, 2021)
- COVID-19 Update: Kilbride United Church Services Paused (June 20, 2020)
- COVID-19 Advisory Update (April 25, 2020)
- COVID-19 Advisory & Cancellations (March 13, 2020)