The worship resources for Sunday April 24, 2022 are available to download. The online links are below. Order of Service prepared by Rev. Allison Playfair, music selected by Heather Olaveson.
You won’t want to miss the “Holy Humour Sunday”. Many North American churches are resurrecting an old Easter custom begun by the Greeks in the early centuries of Christianity – “Holy Humor Sunday” celebrations of Jesus’ resurrection on the Sunday after Easter. You can read more in the attachments or see for yourself in church Sunday morning.
Thank you to Lois and Rev. Allison for preparing and mailing Easter cards. A number of people have reached out to say how special it was to receive the message from Kilbride United.
Rev. Allison and Larry Harder will be sharing their experiences and insights of The Holy Land: Palestine & Israel at 2 p.m. April 24th, April 30th and May 1st. Each session is unique so you can attend all or one or two sessions.
Sarah Farr has arranged the following event with the Schuett family’s approval. Please join us in the Kilbride United Church parking lot if you are able.
This Wednesday marks the 55th anniversary of the abduction of Marianne Schuett from outside Kilbride Public School on April 27, 1967. In her memory, the bells of Kilbride United Church will ring at 4:00 p.m., the approximate time she was last seen. There may be some media in the village, but nothing too crazy. Just letting you know what’s happening.Sarah Farr
News & Announcements
From Carlisle United Church:
- Plant Sale is now in full swing. Order your begonias or geraniums from now to May 11th. You can order online at www.carlisleuc.ca or speak with Maureen to get a printed order form.
- Chicken dinner tickets for Saturday May 7th are also now available online at www.carlisleuc.ca . Tickets are $25 per dinner and include a half chicken, coleslaw, baked beans a roll and brownies.
- Save the Date – Saturday May 18th at 4:00 p.m. bring a lawn chair or a blanket and sit down and enjoy the musical entertainment of Sean Heeley and the Moth Balls. Fun for the whole family. BBQ’d hamburgers, hot dogs and drinks will be available. Free-will donation to help us raise funds to sponsor a Syrian refugee family.
Music & Links
- Gathering Song ~ Love Us Into Fullness (Penninsula United Church)
- Opening Hymn ~ Give To Us Laughter (Penninsula United Church)
- Sung Response ~ Know That God is Good (Chorus pro Musica)
- Hymn ~ Welcome, Happy Morning! (Episcopal Church of St. James Upper Montclair)
- Sung Invitation ~ Lord, Listen to Your Children Praying (Spring Hill Singers)
- Hymn ~ Sing a Happy Hallelujah (Westminster United Church)
- Online Postlude ~ I Sing Because I’m Happy (McKinney Boyd High School Choir)