The worship resources for our Memorial/Trinity Sunday Service June 12, 2022 are available to download. Cemetery Memorial Service (at Carlisle United following the 11:00 a.m. Service) / Trinity Sunday. The online links are below. Order of Service prepared by Rev. Allison Playfair, music selected by Heather Olaveson.
We encourage you to read the hymn backgrounds and links to the YouTube selections Heather has prepared. Maureen missed looking at last week’s camp songs so she has just spent and enjoyable time looking at two weeks of wonderful and diverse musical selections. Her favorites are always the famous Gaither style harmonies. You don’t want to miss Bruce Springsteen’s version of This Little Light of Mine (Live In Dublin) from last week.
News & Announcements
- Kilbride United Church raised $165 for the Wesley Case for Kids 2022 Walk, Run, Ride last Sunday June 5. It was a beautiful afternoon for a walk at the Hamilton Waterfront Park.
- Saturday June 18th from 4:00 p.m. at Carlisle United Church, bring a lawn chair or blanket as we listen to Sean Heeley and the Mothballs. Hamburgers, hotdogs and drinks available. Donations to support a Syrian Refugee family would be appreciated.
- The Hazel Watson garden at Carlisle United Church has been registered with the Monarch Waystation project. The purpose of the garden is to provide a plant habitat that will attract and sustain Monarch butterflies and other native species through all stages of their life cycles, and to encourage others to enjoy and sustain the small wonders of God’s world. The garden will be dedicated after the 11:00 a.m. service at Carlisle United this Sunday June 12, 2022. Photos of the butterfly garden have been posted at https://www.carlisleuc.ca/carlisle-butterfly-habitat. More photos will be added as life unfolds. Sincere thanks to those who have helped to get this garden started: Leader Cathy Moulder, Murray and Marie Alderson, Catherine and Terry Swatten, Maureen Trenkler, Dennis Sinclair and Bob Moulder.
- Hold the date… Migrant Matter Summer Picnic at Lakeside Pavilion at Christie on Sunday August 21, 2022 (rain date August 28, 2022). If you miss the enjoyment of our church events, this will be an opportunity to come along and help on the day or contribute financially. More info on how to participate will be coming shortly.
- Just a reminder our current COVID-19 Protocols are as follows: We will no longer be contact tracing or checking vaccination status. Masks are to be worn entering and exiting the building. Once you are either seated at a distance in worship or in a meeting you may remove your mask if you wish.
Music & Links
- Opening Hymn ~ Holy, Holy, Holy (The Martins)
- Choral Response ~ Rise Up, Rise Up (Winfield United Church)
- Hymn ~ Come and Seek the Ways of Wisdom (More Voices Festival, Mount Paul United Church)
- Hymn ~ This Day God Gives Me (L’Angélus)
- Closing Hymn ~ We Shall Go Out With Hope of Resurrection (Bells Corners United Church Choir)
- Online Postlude ~ The Song of the Butterfly (Istvan Sky Kék Ég, Estas Tonne, Pablo Arellano, Indrė Kuliešiūtė)