The worship resources for Indigenous Sunday, July 3, 2022 are available to download. The online links are below. Order of Service prepared by Rev. Allison Playfair, music selected by Heather Olaveson.
Don’t forget we are gathering together for our summer services in July at Carlisle United Church at 10:00 a.m. Weather permitting we will worship on the lawn. Bring a lawn chair, sun hat or umbrella depending on the weather.
It has been a very sad week having received the news of the passing of our dear Sharon Banks. More details regarding a celebration of life will be announced later by the family. Sharon was appreciative of the cards, thoughts and prayers received in her final days.
Here is a copy from the Migrant Matters Flamborough.
Yesterday, we lost our friend, Sharon Banks of Kilbride.
Her heart for migrant workers began in 2005, and she was still sharing ideas and memories in her final days in the hospital. And how she smiled at the photos that ‘her farms’ sent to her! She was not worried about not saying goodbye to each of you, because she knows that she will remain in your hearts, as you will in hers.
Sharon set the standard for the rest of us to follow.
She showed us that it could be done – that every man and every woman from every country matters – and that we had the ability to make everyone feel visible and respected.
Look Out, Heaven…..Sharon Banks is IN THE HOUSE 🙂
God Bless, Sharon – and thank you, from all of us.
Music & Links
- Hymn ~ Sisters Let Us Walk Together (Golden Ears United Church)
- Hymn ~ Jesus, Friend of Little Children (Keith and Kristyn Getty and the Getty Girls)
- Hymn ~ Teach Me, God to Wonder (Maynooth-Madawaska Communities of Faith)
- Closing Hymn ~ Creating God, We Give You Thanks (Sean Jackson)
- Online Postlude ~ O Love That Wilt Not Let Me Go (Keith & Kristyn Getty, Dana Masters)