The worship resources for Sunday July 10, 2022 are available to download. The online links are below. Order of Service prepared by Rev. Allison Playfair, music selected by Heather Olaveson.
Don’t forget we are worshipping with Carlisle United during the summer with outdoor services (weather permitting) at 10:00 a.m. Services are held at Carlisle United in July and Kilbride United in August. Bring a lawn chair, a sun hat or umbrella. If you are having a frantic week and need a moment to center yourself, listen to the online selection of Come and Find the Quiet Centre. The first minute is a restful piano solo and the last verse has a beautiful descant.
News & Announcements
- Helen Callaway asked us to pass on an invitation to the Kilbride History Group’s Historic Lowville Tour on Saturday, August 6, 2022. The event will begin with a tour of the Lowville Cemetery, followed by a brief history of Lowville from the steps of Lowville United Church. The tour will finish with a visit to the Zimmerman Room of Lowville United Church for a display of early settler items. If you are not interested in the tour, just come and enjoy the displays that will include photos of early Lowville. This is an active display for all. Children will enjoy experiencing pioneer toys or an opportunity to wear a tricorn hat! Registration is required. Time slots for the tour are at 9:00 am, 9:20 am, 9:40 am and 10:00 am. Additional time slots will be added if required. Please register early for your preferred time slot at https://kilbridehistory.com/2022/06/15/historic-lowville-tour-august-6-2022/. If you have any questions, please contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sharon Banks’ obituary has been published in the Hamilton Spectator. An online link of the obituary can be found at https://www.legacy.com/ca/obituaries/thespec/name/sharon-banks-obituary?pid=202338339. A Celebration of Life is being planned for September with further details to be shared shortly. In lieu of flowers, please consider making a donation to Halton Woman’s Place.
- Don’t forget the Kilbride Public Library has re-opened. Hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Music & Links
- Opening Hymn ~ Worship the Lord (Penninsula United Church)
- Choral Response ~ Behold, Behold! I Make All Things New (Christina Cichos and Bryan Nixon)
- Hymn ~ Come and Find the Quiet Centre (Jeff Anderson and A.J. Milleret)
- Hymn ~ Holy Spirit, Truth Divine (CRK Voices)
- Hymn ~ Come to My Heart (Joe Pinsen)
- Closing Hymn ~ Make Me a Channel of Your Peace (Hollywood United Methodist Church Choir)
- Online Postlude ~ Down in the River (Shenandoah Christian Music Camp) and Down in the River (The Hound and the Fox, Peter and Evynne Hollens)