The worship resources for Sunday July 17, 2022 are available to download. The online links are below. Order of Service prepared by Rev. Allison Playfair, music selected by Heather Olaveson.
Don’t forget we are worshipping with Carlisle United during the summer with outdoor services (weather permitting) at 10:00 a.m. Services are held at Carlisle United in July and Kilbride United in August. Bring a lawn chair, a sun hat or umbrella.
This week’s scripture is a reading that we have always related to as it is one of the many practical messages of the gospels. Maybe you have been a Martha busy with preparations and tasks or maybe a Mary when you took the time to be free of worry and distractions to be in the moment.
Now as they went on their way, he entered a certain village, where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. She had a sister named Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet and listened to what he was saying. But Martha was distracted by her many tasks; so she came to him and asked, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her then to help me.” But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; there is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken away from her.”Luke 10:38–42
News & Announcements
- Helen Callaway asked me to pass on an invitation to the Kilbride History Group’s Historic Lowville Tour on Saturday, August 6, 2022. The event will begin with a tour of the Lowville Cemetery, followed by a brief history of Lowville from the steps of Lowville United Church. The tour will finish with a visit to the Zimmerman Room of Lowville United Church for a display of early settler items. If you are not interested in the tour, just come and enjoy the displays that will include photos of early Lowville. This is an active display for all. Children will enjoy experiencing pioneer toys or an opportunity to wear a tricorn hat! Registration is required. Time slots for the tour are at 9:00 a.m., 9:20 a.m., 9:40 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Additional time slots will be added if required. Please register early for your preferred time slot at https://kilbridehistory.com/2022/06/15/historic-lowville-tour-august-6-2022/. If you have any questions, please contact the organizers at email@example.com.
Music & Links
- Gathering Hymn ~ Come and Fill Our Hearts (St. Martin de Porres Quartet & Orchestra)
- Opening Hymn ~ Make a Joyful Noise (Linnea Good)
- Choral Response ~ Behold, Behold! I Make All Things New (Christina Cichos and Bryan Nixon)
- Hymn ~ I Come With Joy (First-Plymouth Congregational Church)
- Hymn ~ What a Friend We Have in Jesus (Redeemed Quartet)
- Closing Hymn ~ Sent Forth by God’s Blessings (Hillside Community Church)
- Online Postlude ~ I Got Joy (The Dorsetts)